- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 26 minutes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (15mL) sunflower oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and stoned
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh basil, chopped
- Marjoram or parsley
- 2 oz (57g) SALERNO - Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes until just softened.
- Shake on a little Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes, basil and combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add Salerno Mozzarella Cheese to the mixture and toss well.
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Place the avocado halves on the baking sheet. Spoon filling into the centre of each avocado half. Sprinkle more cheese on top (optional).
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.