- Yields: 32 stars
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) SALERNO - Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30mL) milk
InstructionsKids will love helping you cut out these star cookies. Have a little fun and gather an assortment of cookie cutters and let everyone choose their own shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Using electric mixer, beat together butter, Mozzarella and Parmesan (or Romano) cheeses. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining ingredients. Divide dough into thirds; wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough, 1 third at a time, until ¼" (5 mm) thick.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in centre of oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on pan on racks.
Tips:Replace Mozzarella and Parmesan with 2 ½ cups (625 mL) shredded Ivanhoe Monterey Jack and add 3 tbsp (45 mL) minced fresh jalapeño to the dough.