- Yields: 1 dozen pieces
- Preparation: 25 mins
- 12 pieces SALERNO - Halloumi, cut 1 quarter inch thick
- 12 pieces crostini
- 1/4 cup (60mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250mL) arugula leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60mL) zucchini, diced small
- 1/4 cup (60mL) red bell peppers, diced small
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Chinese eggplant, diced small
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
InstructionsRecipe created by Chef Matthew Kennedy
- In a food processor, add arugula, garlic, parmesan and extra virgin olive oil. Pulse until smooth, adding additional olive oil if required. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Reserve in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a medium bowl, add vegetables and toss with olive oil to coat, salt and black pepper to taste. Spread onto parchment lined baking sheet and roast until slightly charred and tender, 8-12 minutes. Cool and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Once grill is hot, lightly oil grill and place cheese on. Cook cheese 1 minute per side, until charred and heated through.
- To assemble, spread generous amount of pesto onto crostini, top with roasted vegetables and finish with grilled halloumi.
- Pour a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil over the top of the pesto to help it keep longer and prevent it from oxidizing.