- Yields: 4 as an entree, 8 as a starter
- Preparation: 60 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) horseradish cheddar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Light Ricotta
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh dill
- 1 tsp (5mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5mL) lemon zest
- 16 slices (200g) smoked salmon
- Blend shredded and ricotta cheeses with mayonnaise, dill, chives and mustard.
- Cut strips of plastic wrap into squares and line 16 cups of a mini muffin pan. Cutting to fit, line each cup with a slice of smoked salmon to completely cover the bottom and sides, letting the extra overhang.
- Divide cheese mixture between cups. Fold in overhanging salmon to enclose filling. Fold in wrap to enclose each parcel. Chill for up to 1 day.
- To serve, turn out parcels onto a serving platter, removing and discarding wrap. Sprinkle with additional lemon zest and pepper. Garnish with watercress or dill. Serve with pumpernickel, rye or baguette toasts.
- To make it easier to work, when using a 24-cup mini muffin tin, line alternate cups leaving extra space so that the plastic wrap doesn't overlap.
- For a larger, first course-sized portion, line 4 ramekins with the smoked salmon. Divide and enclose the filling as directed above. Serve on a bed of greens.