- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 70 minutes
- 6 large artichokes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) SALERNO - Grated Romano Cheese
- 3/4 cup (175mL) SALERNO - Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups (750mL) bread crumbs
- 9 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125mL) ham and Italian sausage, chopped
- Cut the stems and the tops off of the artichokes. Remove the tough outer leaves at the base as well as the center core.
- In a bowl, mix Salerno Romano and Parmesan Cheese, garlic, breadcrumbs, oil, oregano, parsley, egg, and meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread leaves of each artichoke out and push stuffing in between them.
- Place the artichokes in a pot with about one to two inches of water.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a 325°F oven for 45 minutes.
- The artichokes are done when a leaf can be easily pulled off.