- Yields: 12 mini frittatas
- Preparation: 60 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups (500mL) Yukon Gold potato, 2 medium, unpeeled, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) SALERNO - Traditional Ricotta
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with softened butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs to lightly coat. Shake out excess.
- Blend shredded potatoes with onions, ricotta cheese, Cheddar cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. Let stand for 5 minutes; then run a knife around the edge of the pan to release frittatas.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled cooked bacon to the potato-ricotta mixture.
- For a zesty flavour, replace the Extra Old Cheddar with Ivanhoe Salsa and serve frittatas with a spoonful of salsa.