- Preparation: 45 Minutes
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 1 cup (250mL) SALERNO - Mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Traditional Ricotta
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175mL) dry cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper into a 10" x 10" square.
- In a bowl, combine Salerno Mascarpone Cheese, Salerno Ricotta Cheese, vanilla, 2 eggs and sugar. Mix all ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add dry cranberries to the mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture over the entire area of the puff pastry, leaving only 1/2" border around clear. Fold pastry by lifting the ends of the parchment paper and rolling, ending with the seam on the bottom.
- Press the ends with a fork to prevent filling from spilling out. Whisk the remaining egg and brush over the top of the strudel.
- Place strudel on the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Dust strudel with icing sugar and cut in 1" slices to serve.