- Yields: 12 Mini Cheescakes
- Preparation: 74 Minutes
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 16 oz SALERNO - Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15mL) rum extract
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 pkg mixed berries
- 1/2 cup (125mL) raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line standard muffin pan with foil liners or double paper liners.
- Place a vanilla wafer into each cup. In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the Salerno Mascarpone, sugar, flour, rum, and vanilla until well blended. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Divide mixture between the muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheesecakes feel firm in the centre. Do not overbake. Remove from pan when cool. Chill. As cheesecakes chill, prepare and clean the berries or fruit. Just before serving, top cheesecakes with your choice of berries or fruit.
- In a sauce pan, heat the fruit jelly until it liquifies, cool down, and drizzle over the berries. For a holiday flavour, use cranberry sauce instead of berries.
- To make cranberry sauce: Place 4 cups of fresh (or frozen) cranberries into a sauce pan. Add 2 tbsp of water and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Cook on medium heat until cranberries pop, stirring frequently. Add 1 cup of sugar and keep cooking until mixture starts thickening.
- Add more sugar to taste and stir until all sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool completely. Store in a fridge until ready to use. Spoon cranberry mixture on top of each cheesecake.