- Yields: 1 Cheesecake or 2 Pies
- Preparation: 68 Minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) SALERNO - Traditional Ricotta
- 1 cup (250mL) sugar
- 2 tsp (10mL) rum extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add Salerno Ricotta Cheese and all other ingredients to a bowl. Using a whisk or electric hand mixer, blend ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- This filling can be used to fill a 9" X 13" baking dish, or two 9" pie plates with graham cracker crumbs on the bottom.
- Spoon the Ricotta mixture into the baking dish / pie plates and bake for 45 minutes until golden (the filling may puff up, but will settle when it is cooled).
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once it is cool, top the cake with the pie filling of your choice.