- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 76 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) SALERNO - Traditional Ricotta
- 1/2 cup (125mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (62.5mL) semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (62.5mL) heavy cream, whipped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5mL) salt
- 8 tbsp (125mL) butter
- 1 cup (250mL) water
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Combine water, butter, salt and sugar in a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. When it boils, immediately take the pan off the heat. Add the flour at once and stir hard until all the flour is incorporated.
- Place over low heat and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes to evaporate some of the moisture.
- Turn dough into a mixer with the steel blade in place. Turn the mixer on and add the eggs, one at a time. Mix until totally incorporated and dough is glossy and smooth.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough into small mounds about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place evenly onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375˚F and bake until puffed, golden, and dry, about 25 minutes more. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- Slice the tops off the baked and cooled cream puffs.
- For the filling, mix the Salerno Ricotta Cheese, icing sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips together. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each cream puff and place tops back onto the puffs. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar before serving.