- Preparation: 28 minutes to prepare, 24 hours before serving
- 2/3 cup (150mL) icing sugar
- 1 pkg SALERNO - Mascarpone
- 1 cup (250mL) whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup (125mL) sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup (250mL) coffee liquor
- 1 pkg lady fingers
- Combine powdered sugar and Salerno Mascarpone Cream in a bowl and beat at high speed until well combined. Gently fold in 1 cup of whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Whip in 1/2 cup sugar. Gently fold egg white mixture into a mascarpone mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine cold espresso coffee and coffee liquor. Dip cookies lightly into the coffee mixture and line the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of mascarpone mixture over the cookies. Repeat layering. Finish with a layer of mascarpone mixture. Gently spread the remaining whipped cream over the top and sprinkle with Cocoa powder.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.