- Yields: 2 - 4 servings
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 8 oz (250g) SALERNO - Halloumi
- 2 red peppers, roasted and patted dry
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) ground black pepper
- 8 slider buns
- 8 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup (50mL) tzatziki
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium; grease grate well. Slice cheese into squares, about 2-inches (5 cm) in diameter and about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick. Cut each roasted pepper into 4 pieces (or to match size of cheese and buns).
- Arrange cheese on a baking sheet or tray. Blend butter with lemon juice, oregano and pepper. Brush half the butter mixture liberally over both sides of cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Grill cheese for 2 minutes per side, or until marked and oozy, but not completely melted. Toast buns alongside (if desired). Brush cheese with remaining marinade just before removing from grill.
- Layer 2 to 3 baby spinach leaves and 1 piece of roasted red pepper onto each bottom slider bun. Top with warm cheese and a slice of tomato. Spread a little tzatziki onto each top bun and use to cap slider.
- For extra flavour, spread the bottom bun with a little black olive tapenade.
- Serve with a Greek salad for a light, summery lunch.