- Preparation: 80 Minutes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leeks, white and green parts chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250mL) carrots, diced
- 3 tbsp (45mL) thyme, snipped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) wild rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125mL) quinoa, rinsed and toasted
- 1 cup (250mL) SALERNO - Casata Friulano Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1-2 pinches salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic, leek, mushrooms, carrots and rosemary for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add wild rice and broth; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Add quinoa, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is transparent and the tiny, spiral like germ is separated, and rice is tender.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the shredded Salerno Friulano Cheese and grated Salerno Parmesan Cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.