- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 145 minutes
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp (45mL) butter
- 4 cups (1L) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) onion, chopped
- 1 pkg (300g) frozen spinach, thawed, chopped, and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500mL) SALERNO - Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (250mL) SALERNO - Traditional Ricotta
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 22 1/2 oz (639mL) canned pizza sauce, approx. 3 cans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook lasagna according to package directions; drain. In large skillet melt butter. Sauté mushrooms and onion until tender and liquid has evaporated; let cool. Stir in spinach, eggs, Mozzarella, Ricotta cheese and Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread about ¾ cup (175 mL) cheese mixture along each noodle, leaving 1” (2.5 cm) at one end. Roll up from filled end. Carefully cut rolls in half crosswise. Spread pizza sauce in 3 qt (3 L) rectangular baking dish. Arrange rolls, curly edges up, in sauce. Cover and bake 45 minutes or until heated through.
- In shallow 3 qt (3 L) rectangular baking dish, alternately layer half of the lasagna noodles, half the vegetable-cheese mixture and half the sauce; repeat layers. Bake as above.
- Change the taste of this great recipe by using shredded Canadian Provolone or Fontina cheese.