- Preparation: 60 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp (60mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45mL) butter
- 12 prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) SALERNO - Casata Friulano Cheese
- Put the 2 flours, salt, eggs, and half the oil in a food processor with 2/3 cup water.
- Process until smooth, then gradually add another 2/3 cup water to thin the batter.
- Process for another minute, then let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the batter with a ladle, tipping the pan as you do so, so that the batter runs quickly and evenly over the surface.
- Cook for about 30 seconds until no uncooked mixture shows, then flip the crêpe over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Slip the crêpe onto a warm plate and make the next crêpe, greasing the pan as you go.
- Once you’ve made all the crêpes, place 2-3 pieces of prosciutto in the centre of each one.
- Lay 3 tomato slices on top of the prosciutto, sprinkle with a small handful of Salerno Friulano Cheese, season with pepper. Fold both sides of the crêpe to the centre. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top and bake in pre-heated oven (350˚ F) for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with a side of your favourite salad.