- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 65 minutes
- 1 butternut squash, small
- 2 tbsp (30mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30mL) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10mL) fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped and divided
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) pecans, halved
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp (45mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (50mL) olive oil
- 1 tub SALERNO - Bocconcini, drained
- 8 cups (2L) baby arugula
- 1/4 cup (50mL) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230C).
- Peel and seed squash; cut into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces. Stir butter with half each of maple syrup, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss with squash; spread in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in oven, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add pecans during last 4 minutes of roasting. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, stir in remaining maple syrup, thyme, salt and pepper with garlic, vinegar and mustard. Whisk in olive oil. Cut Bocconcini into quarters; toss with half of vinegar mixture.
- Toss the squash with arugula, cranberries, Bocconcini mixture and enough of the remaining dressing to coat lightly. Serve immediately.