- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 40 minutes (+ 2 hours chilling time)
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 8 oz (250g) SALERNO - Halloumi, cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices, patted dry
- 1 cup (250mL) champagne, or sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 cup (250mL) arugula
- 1/4 cup (60mL) almonds, toasted and sliced
- In small saucepan set over medium-high heat, whisk together champagne and sugar; cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium heat. Whisk together melted butter, honey and vanilla; toss with peaches. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until well-marked and tender. Set aside.
- In cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat, sear halloumi slices, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until crisp on the outside.
- Arrange arugula, grilled peaches and halloumi on serving platter. Drizzle with champagne syrup. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
- Replace peaches with pineapple spears or figs, or use a combination of the three if desired.