- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 12 pieces SALERNO - Halloumi, cut for skewers (1.5cm to 2cm diced)
- 12 pieces red bell peppers, cut for skewers (1.5cm to 2cm diced)
- 12 pieces zucchini, cut for skewers (1.5cm to 2cm diced)
- 12 pieces onion, red and cut for skewers (1.5cm to 2cm diced)
- 1 tsp (5mL) parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30mL) balsamic oil, aged
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil, basil infused
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 12 skewers, bamboo and hors d’oeuvres size soaked in water
InstructionsRecipe created by Chef Matthew Kennedy
- In a medium bowl; add Salerno Halloumi, pepper, zucchini, red onion, cherry tomato, parsley, thyme and garlic. Toss with enough vegetable oil to coat lightly. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place 1 piece of Salerno Halloumi, pepper, zucchini, red onion and cherry tomato on each skewer, tightly together. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- To grill; pre-heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Once hot, grill 1-2 minutes per side, until charred and heated through. Serve warm on a platter drizzled with aged balsamic, basil infused olive oil and fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Try grilling larger pieces of Salerno Halloumi for a great summer BBQ meat alternative.