- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup SALERNO - Casata Friulano Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15mL) parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 lb Bay scallops, fresh or frozen (if frozen thawed out)
- 1/2 lb Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, thawed out)
- 1 lb breaded haddock fillets, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups (500mL) heavy cream
- 10 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) paprika
- 4 tbsp (60mL) butter
- salt, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the paprika.
- Sauté the onions in this mixture until soft. Add the water. Bring to boil and add the potatoes.
- Simmer gently until the potatoes are almost done. Add more water if necessary.
- Add cream, fish, scallops, and shrimp; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to fall apart.
- If they remain firm, mash them gently in the pan with a masher or wooden spoon.
- Remove 1/2 cup of liquid from the potato mixture. Whisk in flour and stir back into the soup.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded Salerno Friulano Cheese.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.