- 1 pears, ripe, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, small and finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dried sour cherries
- 1/4 cup (50mL) dried blueberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) hot sauce
- 1 SALERNO - Mascarpone
- In a medium sized non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat, add oil and warm 1 minute. Once oil is warm add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add pear and continue to sauté for 3 minutes. At this point add lemon juice, cherries, blueberries and Nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and purée mixture for 10-15 seconds. It can still be chunky.
- Pour mixture back in the pan and place back on the stove over medium-high heat, add Mascarpone cheese. Stirring constantly until cheese is melted about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm on your favourite cracker!