- Preparation: 140 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tub (200g) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese, or shavings, for garnish
- 1/3 cup (75mL) SALERNO - Traditional Ricotta
- 2 tbsp (30mL) sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup (250mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tbsp (15mL) butter, melted
- For crêpes, place flour, salt, egg yolk, milk, butter, and sage in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold a third of the batter into the beaten egg whites and mix until lightened. Fold in the remaining batter and mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, combine Salerno Ricotta Cheese, herbs, and Salerno Parmesan Cheese in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the pan over medium heat. Swirl butter to coat bottom of pan. Pour excess melted butter into a bowl and reserve.
- Pour a small ladle of batter into the pan. Tilt the pan and swirl the batter to cover the entire bottom of pan. Cook until golden underneath, 1 minute.
- Flip crêpe over with a rubber spatula and cook until golden underneath, an additional 30 seconds. Remove from pan. Repeat with reserved butter and remaining batter.
- Cool crêpes completely. Spread Ricotta mixture over the crêpes.