- Preparation: 100 Minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) SALERNO - Mascarpone at room temperature
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Thai red curry paste
- 3 1/2 cups (875mL) chicken stock
- Place the shallots and garlic in oil in a deep saucepan, and lightly salt.
- Cover and cook gently for three to four minutes until limp but not brown.
- Add the carrots and continue to cook, covered, for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the curry paste and the chicken stock, and simmer, uncovered, for one hour.
- Remove the soup from the heat and pour into a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Return to the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the Salerno Mascarpone Cheese.
- Serve immediately.