- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 12 heirloom tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 tsp (10mL) kosher salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45mL) sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30mL) jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125mL) heavy cream
- Finely chop tomatoes and place in a large mixing bowl with all their juices.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients except for the avocado, cream and cheese.
- Season with salt and refrigerate until ready to serve. Place Salerno Mascarpone Cheese and cream in a bowl. Whip until smooth.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls and place a dollop of Salerno Mascarpone Cheese mixture on top.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and garnish with a slice of avocado and a shaving of Salerno Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve immediately.