- Preparation: 70 Minutes
- 3 slices bacon, smoked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) heavy whipping cream
- 3 1/2 cups (875mL) chicken broth
- 6 cups (1500mL) cauliflower, 1 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) onion
- 3/4 cup (175mL) celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) SALERNO - Grated Romano Cheese
- Sauté bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown and some fat renders.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, 3 1/2 cups broth, and cheese cube. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in processor. Return to same pan. Add cream and Salerno Romano Cheese; bring soup to simmer.
- Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupful if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese shavings.